Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"insert clever title here"

im feeling less creative tonight than other nights. so, its whatever. im updating you guys.

let see......had a great weekend, good start with school, im back in my running groove, and im definitely seeking a therapist.

i was "off" work last week in preparation of the school year. i worked tuesday, wednesday, thursday for training, meetings, and classroom decoration.  Friday I went to Los Angeles for the weekend. it was great. i drove up the PCH to Malibu and back down to Santa Monica Pier.  The Pier was nice.  I am sad to report what I thought was a strange but interesting encounter is actually a tragic encounter.
Tio Felipe said he wouldn't be here if he wasn't dying. I feel terrible that I photographed him.  I wish i could have helped him. :(

I had another strange encounter, too......

















Friday night I got to hang with Montoya and the crew so that was a good time as always :)






Saturday I got to go to the observatory, which was coincidentally the day Neil Armstrong passed away (RIP)  that night i went dancing with my sister-in-law, alex.  FUN!!
Los Angeles

the hollywood sign


dinner and drinks after the observatory

saturday night, dancing, photo booth!!

Sunday I was back at Venice Beach, showing Rachel the freak show that is Venice Beach, lol.  The weather (all weekend, really) was absolutely amazing. We walked to see the shops, we walked along the beach, and eventually just sat and took in the amazingly peaceful day.  I feel asleep in the sand for 30 minutes.  I live for the beach.  My heart is so happy listening to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, the wind blowing through, and the light chatter of other enjoying their day.  The beach is my version of heaven.  The was was chilly but nice, the sand cool and soft beneath my feet, the sun warm, gently kissing my skin and filling me with euphoria. i just.....love it.  the only thing better would have been spending that time with David.



we stayed in LA way too late and I got home at 1:30 a.m.  just enough time to catch a catnap before work ;)

i feel like this post is plenty long so Im going to wrap it up quick.  I have 3 children in "my" class now and they are adorable.  The room is overrun by little curly haired blonde babies. they are so damn CUTE!  my kids are so little!!

i fell off the wagon a couple weeks ago but im back at it! i got new running pants, im working on keeping my feet healthy in the process, and i am practicing my breathing technique to improve my running.  i have decided to participate in the Color Me Rad Run so i need to practice, practice, practice! check it out, its pretty awesome! http://colormerad.com/

in other news, im neurotic.  i am going to start "seeing someone" in hopes to keep my sanity.  

Love You All!!!

jess <3



"How from time to time, for no good reason, it drops a thick, 
dark jar over me to block out air and love and light, and keeps
 me at arm's length from the people I love most."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/22/living/going-public-with-depression/index.html



No comments:

Post a Comment